5 - Day Bareboat Cruising or 103 & 104
Charter a cruising sailboat during daylight hours in most wind and sea conditions.
This Private Live Aboard Class is taught aboard our Irwin 34
Offered all year on demand based on your travel plans.
5 Days and 4 Nights…Privately Living aboard at our Dock
Additional Nights Aboard are $150
Check in 3PM - 5PM Check out by 10AM
With prior Basic Keelboat or 101 Certification you’ll learn more about…
- Sailing Terminology & Knots
- Onboard Safety Gear
- Rigging the Boat
- Assessing the Wind Speed & Direction
- Tacking & Gybing
- Analyzing Sail Shape & Trim
- Securing to a Mooring
While under Sail & Power
- Various Anchor Types & Uses
- Maneuvering in Confined Areas
While under Sail or Power
- Man Overboard Recovery Techniques
- Sailing in a Small Craft Advisory
- Several Reefing Techniques
- The “Heaving To” Maneuver
- Rules of the Road
- Distress Signals
- Coastal Piloting & Navigation
- Onboard Systems
- Cruise Planning
- Navigation Aids, Charts & Symbols
- VHF Radio Procedures
- Single Handed Sailing Techniques
As much as 36 hours on the water…SAILING! 9AM - 4PM
2 -3 Hours in the Classroom…for the 2 Written Exams
Coastal & Bareboat Cruising or 103 & 104 Certifications
Linens & Towels are provided…Provisions are not included.
"No prior Sailing Certification?"
"Challenge the Basic Keelboat or 101 Exam for $300 additional per person."
This is a Private… 5 Day & 4 Night Live Aboard Sailing Class
Day 5 includes a Solo Sailing Adventure!
$2195 per person Couples are… $2450 for 2 people